Looking to set up your online store that is secure and backed by powerful tools? Bluehost has the perfect mix of WooCommerce tools and YITH plugins, see our plans here: https://ow.ly/qSx350OQl7w
Every creative professional or business desires to attract more customers, and what’s better than displaying your best work? A portfolio website showcases your best work to the customers. It replaces the age-old traditional portfolio that was printed and distributed via post and email.
Additionally, it gives you a dedicated space on the internet to promote your skills, services, and products.
Want to learn more about the WordPress portfolio website? Watch our video on how to make a portfolio website.
Things explained in the video:
-Why you should create a portfolio website using WordPress
-How to create a portfolio website using WordPress
-How Bluehost helps in creating a WordPress portfolio website
-Here are the key components of a portfolio website:
The biggest advantage of creating a portfolio website on WordPress is that you can personalize it. However, when customizing a portfolio website, remember to include these key elements:
1) Homepage: A homepage is the first impression of your portfolio website. Hence, it should feature a visually appealing design and provide an overview of your work. Additionally, it should highlight your best projects and let the visitors know a little bit about you.
2) ‘About Me’ Page: An ‘about me’ page provides information about you or gives an overview of your business. It should include your background, skills, and any relevant experience. This section helps visitors get to know you and understand your expertise.
3) Portfolio Gallery: The portfolio gallery is your website’s core. It’s where your work is displayed. It includes a collection of your best projects, organized in a visually appealing and easy-to-navigate manner. Consider categorizing your work by type, industry, or theme for better organization.
4) Client Feedback: Including client testimonials adds credibility and builds trust with potential clients or users. Highlight positive reviews or testimonials from satisfied clients to demonstrate the quality of your work and the value you provide.
5) Contact Information: Make it easy for visitors to get in touch with you by providing clear contact information. Include your email address, phone number, and links to your social media profiles. You may also consider adding a contact form for direct inquiries.
6) Blog: Include a blog section on your portfolio website. It can demonstrate your expertise and provide additional information related to your industry to visitors. You can share insights, industry trends, tips, or case studies related to your field of work.
7) Navigation Menu: A clear and intuitive navigation menu is crucial for your visitors to explore your website easily. Use a logical structure and labeling for menu items to help visitors navigate between pages smoothly.
00:02:48 Using WordPress with Bluehost
00:03:39 Choose a Theme
00:04:25 Adding Content
00:06:25 Web pages you should add to your website
00:07:18 Choose Plugins
00:08:22 Make sure you optimize your site for search engines
Additional Resources and Tutorials
Please read our detailed blogs on portfolio websites-
At Bluehost, we empower people to fully harness the web. We are committed to supporting small businesses, whether you are just starting out or a professional.
Recommended by the world’s largest content management system, WordPress, we turn ideas into businesses with an intuitive dashboard and tools that make it easy for users to build, grow and scale their online presence!
#portfoliowebsite #howtomakeaportfoliowebsite #portfoliowebsitewordpress #portfoliowebsitetemplates #bluehost